Special support services for refugees
NRWege ins Studium - Scholarships for international students with refugee experience
As part of the NRWege ins Studium program, the state of North Rhine-Westphalia supports international students with refugee experience in successfully pursuing and completing their studies at Bergische Universität Wuppertal.
The university is offering study scholarships for the period from August 2023 to December 2023 five-month scholarships in the form of full scholarships (934.00 EUR per month) or partial scholarships (300.00 EUR per month) with simultaneous BAföG receipt.
By applying for a scholarship under the NRWege ins Studium program, applicants agree that their personal data may be processed within the framework of the program.
- Refugee status under residence law
- Duration of residence in Germany less than 5 years at the time of initial sponsorship within the framework of NRWege ins Studium (NR Pathways to Studies)
- Admission to the current degree programme on the basis of a foreign higher education entrance qualification
- Enrolment in a degree programme at Bergische Universität in at least the 3rd semester
- Good academic performance
- Financial need
08.08.2023 – 28.08.2023
The application takes place online via the application portal Lime Survey.
The following documents must be uploaded as a PDF in the application portal:
- Copy of passport and copy of current residence permit
- Current bank statement from StudiLöwe
- Letter of motivation (max. one DIN A4 page) why you are applying for a scholarship, on the reasons for your financial need with indication of possible other current or expired sponsorships
- Current BAföG notification or if applicable, notice of rejection from HSW (BAföG certificate from Studilöwe according to §9 is not sufficient)
Only complete applications will be considered.
Scholarship recipients are selected by an internal university commission on the basis of the program guidelines NRWege ins Studium.
The selection criteria are eligibility for funding according to the guidelines of the Ministerium für Kultur und Wissenschaft des Landes Nordrhein-Westfalen, quality of academic performance, good prognosis for successful completion of studies, proximity to the expected completion of studies, and financial need. The selection is made in a non-discriminatory manner in compliance with the principles of equal treatment.
There is no entitlement to funding. Applicants will be informed in writing about the results of the selection process.