Bergische Universität Wuppertal has numerous exchange agreements with various partner universities worldwide, through which you can come to our university for a stay of one or two semesters. The acquisition of a degree is not possible.
We are pleased that you are interested in a stay as an exchange student in Wuppertal and hope to be able to welcome you personally to our university soon.
Do you need more detailed information? Then please contact Mrs Inga Schubert (email ohneabschluss[at]uni-wuppertal.de)
1. You apply at your home university for an exchange stay at the Bergische Universität Wuppertal .
2. Your home university sends the list of students nominated by it to the International Office by means of the Wuppertal Nomination Form via e-mail to ischubert[at]uni-wuppertal.de.
Deadlines for nomination:
for the summer semester: January 15
for the winter semester: June 15
3. You will receive a welcome e-mail with further information and forms which you should fill in and return to the International Office.
Deadlines for registration:
for the summer semester: January 31
for the winter semester: July 15
4. After you have submitted your application for admission with all required documents to the International Office of the Bergische Universität Wuppertal, you will receive the admission for your exchange stay. With the admission you can enroll at the Bergische Universität Wuppertal. You will receive all information about this in good time by e-mail.
As soon as you have been nominated by your home university as an exchange student for the University of Wuppertal, you will receive an email from the University of Wuppertal with further information and the request to submit the following documents to the University of Wuppertal:
- Application for admission (completed and signed)
- Application for reservation of a place in a hall of residence (if desired)
- Copy of passport or front and back of ID card
- Copy of the Student Card
- Passport photo
- If you have already studied at a university in Germany: Certificate of study and exmatriculation
- Overview of subjects and grades of previous achievements (only for university partnerships)
- Enrolment form (completed and signed)
- Visa, if applicable
- Proof of health insurance (electronic notification from a German statutory health insurance company whether student is insured or exempt)
The University of Wuppertal aims to strengthen its international partnerships to increase the number of incoming Exchange Students. International Exchange Students (non Erasmus+) can apply for a contact scholarship of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), which is funded by the Federal Foreign Office and awarded through the International Office.
The contact scholarship is funded with 550 Euro / month.
- Application form
- Transcript of Records
Please send the application documents by email to:
Michael van der Wielen
01.09. for the winter semester for stays starting 01.10. of the current year
01.03. for the summer semester for stays as of 01.04. of the current year
The selection of the fellows is made by an internal university selection committee, the result will be announced in writing. There is no legal entitlement to a scholarship. The selection decision takes into account the applicants' academic performance to date as well as strategic aspects of the respective university partnership.