Insights into studies
The occasional student programme
As an occasional student you can attend courses of study at the University of Wuppertal free of charge. By joining the programme you can get an idea of possible courses of study and everyday life at German universities.
The program In Touch for occasional students is particularly designed for refugees who are interested in applying for a course of study at the University of Wuppertal. All occasional students participate in our German courses. The preparatory course “Mathematics in German” is provided for all those who would like to join a degree course in Mathematics, Computer Sciences, Natural Sciences or Engineering. After consulting their respective lecturers all occasional students can also participate in selected courses of their choice. Enrolled students of the university, i.e. Buddies, advise occasional students on how to structure their semester program and how to deal with administrative matters. There are also specific advice services for the transition to our undergraduate or postgraduate courses.
Counseling centers, such as the International Office and the Central Student Advisory and Counseling Service, support you in choosing and applying for a regular course of study. You will be individually accompanied by Wuppertal students. The buddies will be happy to help you explore the campus and master everyday university life.
Contents & Application
- Evening German courses to prepare for studies
- Course offer "German in the evening" of the Language Learning Institute ("Sprachlehrinstitut", SLI)
- Events for study preparation
- Support from a personal buddy
- A PIN for access to the ZIM computer network (use of the free campus WLAN, your own email address as a means of communication, use of the "Moodle" portal for lectures and course offerings and more)
- Possibility of attending lectures
- Information and advice on applying to study, TestAS and admission procedures
- Networking with other In Touch participants at monthly Meet & Greet events
1. Contact us by E-Mail (E-Mail: intouch[at]uni-wuppertal.de) and send us the following documents:
- your certificates (secondary school leaving certificate(s),
- proof of university entrance examination(s) if applicable
- proof of study(s) if applicable
- proof of language skills if applicable
- your current certificate of residence
- the In-Touch application form (see Download Center on the right)
2. Once we have received the documents you have submitted, we will check whether you are allowed to study in Germany. You will then receive feedback on the next steps for your application.
3. We will be happy to advise you and answer your questions.
For the summer semester this ends on 31 March, for the winter semester on 31 August.
Counselling centres, such as the International Office and the Central Student Advisory Service (ZSB), support you in choosing a course of study and applying for a regular degree programme. You will be individually accompanied by Wuppertal students. The buddies are happy to help you explore the campus and master everyday university life.
Contact: IC / International Office (In Touch)
Tel.: +49 (0)202 / 439 - 5266
Counselling hours at the Student Service Center (SSC), main entrance, room G.08.16:
Monday 09.00 am - 12.00 pm
Thursday 09.00 am - 12.00 pm
and by appointment