First steps and contact persons

General information for refugees on studying in Germany are available in several languages on the pages of the Ministry of Culture and Science in North Rhine-Westphalia. Specific advice for studying at the University of Wuppertal is provided by our various contact persons.

1) Information research & advisory services 

Are you interested in a study place at the University of Wuppertal and would like to get some general information? 

Then the International Office is the right place to go. They can discuss all the important details on application and admission requirements with you.

2) Application for a place of study:

Would you like to apply directly for a course of study?

This can be done via uni-assist. You can find out more about the various degree courses available on the websites of the respective faculties. Furthermore, the Central Student Advisory and Counseling Service (ZSB) will be happy to advise you on the right choice of subjects. 

For your application it is important that you have already passed the "Sprachprüfung zum Deutschen Hochschulzugang" (German Language Qualification for the University Entrance). If this is not the case, you can find relevant information on conditions and courses under the menu item "How can I learn German?".

3) During your studies:

Are you already studying at the University of Wuppertal and looking for support?

Please contact the InTouch team

We can connect you with one of our buddies. They will help you to deal with any problems you might enounter during your studies. We are also happy to advise you and can refer you to university counseling centers or cooperating partners in the case of specific questions.   

Contact: intouch[at]

More information about #UniWuppertal: