BUW image film (2015)
More than 23,000 students, 100 courses, and externally funded research projects with a financial volume of around EUR 35 million – the BUW has developed very positively in recent years. Interest in the university, its courses and research projects has increased significantly.
The BUW sees itself as a modern university whose strengths lie in research and the wide range of courses it offers, some of which are unique. Along with cutting-edge international research, it is an important partner for businesses in the region and beyond. Its network of global partners encompasses around 170 universities.
The people who learn, research, work and live at the BUW are no less diverse than the BUW’s teaching and research activities. The image film “Thinkers” also reflects this diversity. The contributors are all students and professors at the BUW.
The image film lasts just under three minutes and is available in German and English.
Members of the university can also download the film
- Svenja Fischer (Spanish / Business and Economics)
- Kevin Göris (Business and Economics)
- Prof. Dr. Robert Harlander (Physics)
- Prof. Dr. Ulrich Heinen (Art and Media Design)
- Prof. Dr. Anke Kahl (Safety Engineering)
- Prof. Dr. Claudia Kastens (School of Education)
- Prof. Dr. Andreas Keil (Geography)
- Prof. Dr. Juliane Köberlein-Neu (Business and Economics)
- Prof. Dr. Lambert T. Koch (Rector)
- Tulin Mustafa (Architecture)
- Cherin Palakunnel (Business and Economics)
- Prof. Dr. Uta Poplutz (Catholic Theology)
- Niklas Rahlmeyer (Safety Engineering)
- Marie Rotering (German & English)
- Saskia Runge (German / Foundations of Natural Sciences and Technology)
- Joy Schelkes (Safety Engineering)
- Prof. Dr. Markus Zdrallek (Electrical Engineering)
The BUW in figures
Founded in 1972
approx. 20,800 students (WS 2015/16)
EUR 35 million in third-party funding
Image film of the University of Wuppertal (2015)
Length: 2:58 minutes
Size: approx. 170 MB
Languages: German, English
Production: Andreas Andé/NewID