Study and exams - FAQs
On this page you will find answers to the most important questions on the winter term 2020/21.
Information concerning the organization of the university in these tims, on health protection and much more can be found following the link current measures.
- What will the SoSe 2021 look like? (04/09/21)
The university will offer the SoSe21 as a flexible hybrid semester. This means:
a) We start on 12.04. based on the currently valid legal regulations: Presence only where absolutely necessary: Lab practicals, practical training in sports and, possibly in musical or artistic modules. All other courses will be held digitally in uni@home format.
b) If tightening measures are ordered, they will be implemented immediately.
c) If the legal framework changes into a direction of more easings, possible easings will be decided by the rectorate. Study subjects can implement these easings, taking into account all other circumstances. The time required for the implementation is 10 days: possible changes might be implemented the week after the next week following the rectorate's decision.
d) Once arrangements have been made, they will last for at least four weeks.Category: Vorlesungszeiten
Presence at the university
- Can I meet with study groups at the university? (01/20/21)
No. This is not allowed by 15th February 2021.
- May I use the library? (04/09/21)
The specific domain libraries 1 to 5 at Campus Grifflenberg and the copy centre can be accessed, but restrictions apply. For the purpose of returning and borrowing print media the library building can be entered Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. The libraries at Campus Haspel and at Campus Freudenberg are still closed.
Further Information: https://www.bib.uni-wuppertal.de/de/faq.html
- How can I reach the ZIM if I need to renew my electronic access? (12/15/20)
- Can I use the internet café or the IT training rooms at ZIM?
No. The Internet café and the IT training rooms are still closed. Further information about the Service of the ZIM.
- What sports activities are currently available at the university?
Information on the activities offered can be found on the university sports pages Corona-FAQ.
- Am I allowed to record ZOOM meetings for future use?
No. Courses which are taught using a video conferencing system will inevitably transmit audio and video material of fellow students and teachers which would then also be recorded. Recording is only allowed if all participants explicitly agree. They can revoke their agreement at any time.This also applies if you want to record just for private use.Category: Prüfungen
- How can I reach the central examination office?
Physical consultation hours are currently not available. You can reach the staff at the central examination office by phone or e-mail contacts.Category: Prüfungen
Information on your study program
- How will I be kept up to date about the course of studies?
For general information, please check this website on a regular basis and follow the university's social media channels. If necessary, the Vice-President for Academic Affairs will also inform you by e-mail via his newsletter.
Information on the individual study programs including FAQs can be found on the websites of the respective departments. If necessary, they will also inform you by e-mail.
- Do the departments have any further information?
Yes, all departments provide further information on their own web pages.
- School of Humanities
- School of Human and Social Sciences
- Schumpeter School of Business ans Economics
- School of Mathematics and Natural Sciences
- School of Architecture and Civil Engineering
- School of Electrical, Informational and Media Engineering
- School of Mechanical Engineering and Safety Engineering
- School of Art and Design
- School of Education
- Information Office of the School of Education
- Who can I contact if I have any suggestions?
- Where can I find the Vice-President for Academic Affairs Newsletter?
The list of the Vice-President for Academic Affairs Newsletter is available here.